JUNIOR BIOMEDICAL ENGINEER (new or recent grad in St. John's, NL)
Granville Biomedical is a women’s health tech company, specializing in the design of anatomical models and procedural task trainers to enhance trainee competency, advance patient education, and innovate device demonstration.
We are currently seeking a full-time Junior Biomedical Engineer to assist with product design, business development, COVID related medical device research + production, and additional general duties. Applicant should have an interest in healthcare innovation and biomedical sciences. Applications should include a cover letter, resume, and portfolio (if applicable).
This role is through the NRC Youth Employment Program, which requires applicants to be under 30 years old, under or unemployed, and a recent graduate of a post-secondary institution.
• Support Design team with women’s health R&D
• Support Design team with COVID related medical device product R&D
• Support Marketing team with strategy, analytics, and social media execution
• Design and modify 3D anatomical models + medical device prototypes
• Ability to execute project deliverables on time and on budget
• Ability to creatively problem solve with a positive, can-do attitude
• Ability to work independently and also as a collaborative team player
• Commit to efficient time management and accurate time tracking
• Experience working within a creative startup environment considered an asset
• Engineering Degree/Diploma with a specialization in Biomedical Engineering
• Intermediate knowledge of Fusion360, CAD, or SolidWorks
• Working knowledge of 3D printing processes
• Medical simulation knowledge an asset
• Medical device design experience an asset
Application deadline: May 31, 2021
Start date: June 14, 2021
Job type: Full-time, contract
End date: Dec 31, 2021 (with possibility of extension)
Compensation: $20/hour (non-negotiable)
Apply: Email CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm May 31, 2021