INTERDISCIPLINARY DESIGN INTERN (current NSCAD student)
Granville Biomedical Inc. (GBI) is a Canadian healthtech company specializing in the design of pelvic health anatomical teaching tools and innovative medical devices with a focus on women’s health.
Our team is currently seeking an Interdisciplinary Design Intern for the winter semester to assist with various projects including: the design of medical device concepts, research and development efforts, social media content + graphics, marketplace analysis, product packaging, campaign strategies, etc.
We are seeking a Design student currently enrolled in their 3rd or 4th year at Nova Scotia College of Art and Design with an interest in the healthcare industry. Applications should include a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples of relevant projects.
- Assist our team with research and development initiatives
- Design (sketch or digitally illustrate) novel medical device concepts based on project briefs
- Assist with design of graphics for social media, website, and internal collateral
- Design unique packaging concepts for GBI products
- Design branded print collateral pieces (such as annual report concepts)
- Ability to effectively meet project deadlines
- Contribute to team meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Intermediate skills using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Knowledge of Fusion360, MeshMixer, or equivalent software an asset
- Interest in design for healthcare an asset
- Experience working within a creative startup environment an asset
Term: Winter 2024 (start and end dates negotiable to align with academic calendar)
Application Deadline: 5pm ADT Friday, October 27, 2023
Send application package including resume, cover letter and portfolio to: email@example.com