MEDICAL DEVICE DESIGNER (new or recent biomedical graduate within Canada)
Granville Biomedical Inc. is a Canadian healthtech company specializing in the design of medical devices and anatomical models to enhance healthcare training and advance patient education.
We are currently seeking a full-time Medical Device Designer to assist with product design, business development, medical device research + production, as well as additional general duties. Preference will be given to those with a Masters or Ph.D in Biomedical Sciences or related studies with a strong interest in healthcare innovation. Applications should include a cover letter, resume, and portfolio (if applicable).
This specific role is through the NRC Youth Employment Program, which requires applicants to be female-identifying, 30 years old or younger, under or unemployed, a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident, and a recent (within 12 months) graduate of a post-secondary institution.
- Collaboratively design conceptual medical devices and healthcare related products
- Support team with medical and healthtech research and development
- Follow project briefs to ensure the success of all projects
- Effectively meet project deadlines
- Attention to branding guidelines for all projects
- Contribute to team meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Masters or Ph.D in Biomedical Sciences or related studies
- Intermediate/advanced working knowledge of Fusion360, MeshMixer, or related software
- Working knowledge of 3D printing processes
- Medical device design experience an asset
- Working knowledge of ISO 13485 regulatory requirements an asset
- Experience working within a creative startup environment an asset
Application deadline: September 20, 2021
Start date: October 1, 2021
Job type: Full-time, contract
End date: March 31, 2022 (with possibility of extension)
Compensation: TBD based on experience
Apply: Email CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm September 20, 2021